couples believe they need a second income to meet the demands of the
many debts they have accumulated and owe.
What stuff, amenities, luxuries, and entertainment can a household do without? How can couples rearrange and prioritize the budget better so a wife and mother can be home with her children and be there for her husband when he comes home?
Let's look at the advantages and disadvantages of a wife/mother working out of the home.
Do you have anything you would like to add to this chart? From what I can come up with so far it looks like the only advantage to a wife/mom working out of the home is for the extra money it brings in.
Ask you self this: Does your household "really" need the extra money? Would having the extra money make you want to buy more things you really do not need? Just something to think about.
On the other side of the coin, many women today work in pursuit of feeding the ego -- to be somebody! They feel they are not special or that they don't have an identity apart from their husband if they do not do something for them selves, away from husband and children. But this is so untrue!
Society has truly lost its values when it looks for reasons to devalue the housewife/mom. But all we have to do is look at all the advantages that a housewife brings to the home to see how valued she really is! If women were staying home and doing the job God intended for them to do I truly believe the world would be a better place.
Our children need us! Let's not deprive them of the special bond a mother and child can share. This is so very important in life.
Women are like glue, they hold everything together so nothing falls apart. When a wife/mother isn't home what happens? Everything falls apart. Wouldn't you rather be glue in your own home taking care of your own man and kids, rather than work for another man or woman while someone else is raising your children?
Bottom line: If a woman wants to stay home and spend her energies being productive and useful for her family more power to her! If she feels the need to work and she can do it without it compromising and sacrificing responsibilities of her family then more power to her.
It is so great when a woman feels good about her self while being productive for her family. She is there for her family, fulfilling the purpose God intended for her to do!
The other advantage to a wife and mother staying home is she can also work from home right from her computer!! There are many typing, writing, graphic design, website design, computer tech, and medical transcriptions jobs (careers), etc, that can be worked right from home over the Internet.
For a look at some of these work at home opportunities, here are some great links.
Christian Work At Home
This is just a tiny fraction of the work from home jobs out there. Be careful many work from home jobs are scams and some aren't. As with anything you need to be discerning in your search and do your homework and don't ever give money up front.
The ones I have chosen here do not seem like scams but you never know. You can't judge a book by its cover, as the saying goes. ;o)
1. Try and remember how it was when you were first married. What did you do to woo your husband/wife? Do it again!
Write down all the things you really liked about your spouse and what attracted you to him or her from when you were first married. Never forget the person you married is still that same person. Changes do take place as we get older and mature, but couples who grow spiritually and mentally together instead of apart have better marriages.
2. Don't feel intimidated to try something different from your usual routine. Couples get so caught up in their daily routines that they miss out on the special opportunities to add a little spunk into their marriage.
Go bowling, roller-skating, ice-skating, see a movie, or walk in the mall. Anything! Just doing something together out of the ordinary that will be fun and relaxing for the both of you plus will bring you closer together.
3. Take the weekend off and go somewhere romantic. Snow anyone? You don't necessarily need to know how to ski to enjoy the amenities and beauty of a ski lodge. Lounge in the Jacuzzi, go sledding, take long walks outdoors, or sit by the fire talking about anything but work and home life.
Take a trip to a lake in your area and stay overnight in a cabin. Go fishing with your husband and eat by the campfire.
4. Take a three day spiritual/meditation retreat together. This will do wonders for the body, mind and soul. it will give you the relaxation you need to refresh your whole outlook on life.
5. Write down all the things you love about your husband/wife and share your thoughts with each other. Sometimes we tend to take our spouse for granted and when this happens we forget about all the things we love about them. By doing this fun and simple exercise you will see how it can bring the romance back. Little reminders that your husband/wife is loved and wanted will make them feel good about themselves.
6. Make up your own coupon booklet on the computer and give it to your husband/wife. In the coupon booklet for an example a coupon might read, "This coupon good for a 1/2 hour back rub." The next coupon might read, "Coupon good for 20 minute foot massage." Doing these little things for your spouse brings couples closer together.
aren't a vegetarian, you might read the title of this lasagna, and
think, ugh. That's what I thought the first time I made this
vegetarian dish. But it turns out it is really good. The good news is
it is good for you too!!
This dish is not as difficult to make as it seems. I find that by preparing everything ahead of time it makes the preparation much easier.
lentils according to package
2. Heat 4 or 5 tablespoons olive oil in sauce pan add the 4 cloves of garlic, sauté until lightly golden in color. Add chopped Roma tomato's, lower heat and simmer covered for 5 minutes. Add 12 oz can of tomato sauce, 2 tablespoons Basil, 1 teaspoon of Oregano and salt to taste. Cook covered on med low for 5 minutes.
3. Add 1 cup of the tomato sauce to the lentils with salt and pepper to taste.
lasagna noodles according to
4. In small mixing bowel mix Ricotta cheese and egg, set aside
5. Grate your three cheeses. Have a good working table with all your preparation dishes in front of you. Lentils, noodles, Ricotta, and three cheeses. Okay, here we go, lets make lentil lasagna.
Make and Bake
6. Grab your baking dish and lightly grease the bottom. Add 2 or 3 ladles of sauce to the bottom of the baking dish. Line the bottom with lasagna noodles, cover noodles with some of the lentils, sauce, ricotta, and some of the cheeses. Do this until all the ingredients are used up. Be sure to have enough cheeses left over for the top. Cover and bake for 35 minutes on 350 degrees.
7. Don't tell
your family its lentils -- eat and enjoy! Serve with a crusty loaf of
Italian bread and a big Romaine lettuce salad.