What Husbands Want From Their Wives
Copyright © 2007 Heaven Ministries
1. A man doesnít like to be rejected sexually. Men have a sexual drive that when ignored can want him to turn to other means for gratification. Married women should always be there for their husbandís even when they donít feel like
it, unless she is sick or on her period. This is not out of duty or responsibility, but out of love for the man you married. A man needs a woman to want him.
man should love his wife as he would "care" for his own body.
If a man is not caring for his wife properly and demands that she have
sex with him than it can make the woman feel not right about it and it
is understandable she would reject or at least try get away from an
abusive person. If a husband feels like he is not getting his needs met
then he needs to gently and humbly talk with his wife about it, rather
than demand sex or get abusive with her.
It also works the other way
too. A husband should not reject his wife's needs either, whether they
be sexual, emotional or spiritual. THIS IS WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS.
The wifeís body does not belong to her alone but also to her husband. In the same way the husbandís body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife. Donít deprive each other except by mutual consent and for a time, so you may devote yourself to prayer. Then come together again so Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self control. 1 Corinthians 7:4-5
2. A man does not want to be dominated by a woman. When a wife takes the helm and controls situations and state of affairs in the home and marriage, a husband becomes less likely to want to get involved or do anything at all. This is why some husbandís just go ahead and let their wifeís tell them what to do, it is much easier to let her take control than to constantly argue, fuss, and fight. But this is not right.
Why do you think men complain about taking out the garbage? Think about it for a minute. It is demeaning, as if that is all he can do. But a manís job is to be the spiritual leader, provider, protector, and authority of the home. We shouldnít be in such a hurry to undermine our husbandís position. Give it back to your husband where it belongs. He needs to take the lead in the home.
A wise and Christ honoring husband will not take advantage of his wife. And a wise Christ honoring wife will not try and undermine her husbandís position.
If you do not honor and love Jesus Christ than I suppose this scripture does not apply to you.
Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the Church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the Church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
3. A man does not want to be belittled, criticized, or treated as a child. Why would a wife belittle her husband? It goes back to why she feels the need to control everything in the marriage. Some women think their husbandís canít do anything right, or as good as she can do it, and so treat them with contempt. The problem is, many women want things done their way and donít give their husbandís a chance to do anything.
Most men because of being treated in such a fashion end up releasing their negative emotions and frustrations through outside means. Ladies, if your husband is cold and distant with you, and youíre not sure why, it could be the way you are treating him. A man needs to be treated like a man, and if his manhood is constantly undermined by a nagging and controlling wife than he isnít going to stick around and keep taking it. Let your man feel good about who he is by praising him for his efforts and accomplishments. A man needs to be admired by his woman, plain and simple. As his wife you should be looking for ways to make him feel good about the man he is.
If you keep on biting and devouring each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other. Galatians 5:15
4. A man doesnít want a woman who canít cook. One way to a manís heart is through his stomach. Men like to eat good tasty food every single day. As the cook in the home, we wives should also make sure that the food we do cook is healthful as well. We want our husbandís to enjoy the meal but we also want him to be full of energy and feeling well physically. It is our job to take control of what our husband eats and serve him tasty home cooked healthy meals.
5. A man doesnít want a woman who clings to him and wonít give him space and freedom with his friends. We all need and want balance in our life. One way to get that balance is for husband and wife to have a friend or hobby to enjoy their time with once in awhile.
Some women feel deprived or jealous when a husband goes out with his friends. She wants him to spend his spare time with her. If a man has taken care of his responsibilities in the home and his wife doesnít need him for anything, he should be given the freedom to go play golf, hunt or whatever it is he does. Come on ladies, donít cling to him like a puppy dog, men hate that. Let him go have some fun on his own. Believe me, when he comes home, he will be a happier man.
6. Men donít like want women who have foul mouths and behave like one of the guys. Men donít want to compete with the woman in their life on any level, especially in the manhood area. A man has usually been with the guys all day at work, and he needs to come home to a beautiful feminine wife. Be there for him, ladies, show him what you got in the feminine department. Heíll be glad he came home! Be lovely, kind, and affectionate, even if he comes home with a bad attitude. This is where you can take control of the marriage by giving yourself to your husband.
Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in Godís sight 1 Peter 3:4