Sermon on the Mount For Marriage
Copyright © 2007 Heaven
What do you think would happen in marriage if couples committed themselves dutifully to following the characteristics of the Sermon on the Mount? I think there would be way less divorce, how about you? Also, there would definitely be happier children in the household. Ah, yes what a glorious union of marriage just like God intended.
1) Today on Monday, I will not act proud with my spouse. I will humble myself, even if I think I'm right.
Blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the kingdom of heaven
2) Today on Tuesday, I will only please my spouse, not myself. The whole day I will be sincerely gentle and kind to my spouse. I will do only those things that would be giving and thoughtful to my wife/husband.
Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth. Matthew 5:5
3) Today on Wednesday, I will give in to my husband/wife wishes. Whatever they ask, within reason will not be denied. I will not be self-seeking.
4) Today on Thursday, I will find one or more biblical ways to enhance my marriage. What would God want me to do for my marriage today? How can I make my wife/husband feel good about who they are? How can I make them happy?
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. Matthew 5:6
5) Today on Friday, I will forgive my wife/husband for wounding my heart. I will ask God to rid my heart and mind of negative feelings and resentment towards my spouse. I will truly forgive.
Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy. Matthew 5:7
6) Today on Saturday, I will admit my weakness to my spouse and most importantly to God. Today I will ask God to grant me forgiveness and free me from the temptation to sin.
Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God Matthew 5:8
7) Today on Sunday, I will be a peacemaker. I will not quarrel or fight with my wife/husband. Today I will find one or more ways in which I can bring contentment and peace into my marriage.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God. Matthew 5:9