Biblical Facts About Marriage
1. Marriage is God's design. Genesis 2 18-24
created work was not complete until he made the beautiful woman. He could
have made her out of the dust of the ground as he made man, but he chose
to make her from the man's flesh and bones. Now why do you think that is?
couples purpose and goals should be one and the same as the two work
together to live out their purpose and, attain their dreams and
All throughout the bible God treats this special relationship of marriage seriously. The goal and purpose for marriage is more than friendship; it is oneness. Meaning the two become one in flesh.
Commitment was made to love and honor one another! Genesis
the man leaves his parents and, in a public act, promises himself
to his wife,
(2) the man and woman are joined together by taking responsibility for each others welfare, and by loving their spouse above all others,
(3) the two become one flesh in the intimacy and commitment of the sexual union that is reserved for marriage. Strong marriages include all three of these aspects.
Marriage was intended to be
permanent! Matthew 19:6
they are no longer two, but one.
God made them male and female,
leave his father and mother and be united to his wife;
(3) the two will become one flesh,
(4) what is joined together let man not separate. God designed marriage to be indissoluble. Instead of looking for reasons to break it off, we should be trying to find reasons to stay married!
Only death should dissolve marriage! Romans
example, by law a woman is bound to her husband as long as he is alive,
but if her husband dies, she is released from the law of marriage. So then
if she married another man while her husband is still alive, she is called
is good and honorable Hebrews
should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will
judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral."
in marriage keeps us from being tempted. It is important to look for ways
to bring romance into your marriage. Song
of Songs 4:9,10
Romance keeps marriage exciting. Commitment keeps romance from diminishing away. The most important decision a person ever makes is at the altar when they commit themselves to their spouse for the rest of their lives.
You may reprint this article by citing the author and linking back to this website! Thanks.